10 tips to build a strong profile - tips from LinkedIn
1. Don't cut and paste your CV - Linkedin is a network so introduce yourself first; describing your experience and abilities as you would to someone you have just met.
2. Write a personal tagline - it's one of the first things people see.
3. Borrow from the best marketers - write specifically and actively.
4. Put the elevator pitch to work - Write a short engaging paragraph about yourself in the summary section. You have 5-10 seconds to engage someone.
5. Explain your experience - what does the company do and what do you do for them. Keep it short!
6. Point out your skills and get endorsed for them
7. Ask and answer questions - help build your credibility
8. Distinguish yourself - use the additional information section to add a few key interests.
9. Improve your Google page rank - get and give recommendations
10. Build your connections - the company you keep reflects your brand.